- Posted by admin in Blog
- No Comments
Buying a property in another country is exciting yet nerve-wracking at the same time. If you are looking for homes for sale in Manuel Antonio or anywhere else in Costa Rica then this article is just for you. Use the upcoming tips to make the process as stress free as possible.
• Rent before purchasing – It is always recommended to rent before investing in Costa Rica real estate. Property signifies a monumental financial investment. Renting gives you the time to discover the area and what it is all about. Going somewhere on holiday is very different from living there.
• Research, research and research some more! – If you are knowledgeable on Costa Rica real estate and the relevant rules and regulations it will show. Sellers and alike know they won’t be able to get the upper hand and pull the wool over your eyes.
• Ask about the ‘simple’ stuff – You think you have found the perfect real estate in Costa Rica. It is in the heart of the rainforest; boasting stunning views and complete seclusion. You move in and panic strikes. There is no telephone or internet. What can you do?? Nothing! You need to ask before you buy. Is there internet access here? Even simple things, such as water, must be enquired about.
• Secure financing –You should always try and secure finance before buying Costa Rica real estate. Don’t assume it will be easy for you to get your hands on financing. There are a lot of requirements when it comes to getting a mortgage in Costa Rica.
• Choose an estate agency with care – Take the time and make the effort to locate a quality estate agency. What should you be looking for? Experience is essential. You want to deal with individuals who know Costa Rica like the back of their hand. You should also make the effort to read reviews that have been left by previous customers as well. After all, you are only as good as what your customers say you are. If you find an estate agency with a five star review you can guarantee you are onto a winner.
• Talk to locals – If you are looking for homes for sale in Manuel Antonio then talk to those who live in Manuel Antonio. You may know what it is like as a holiday destination but what you really want to know is what it is like to live there.
So there you have it; six crucial tips to bear in mind when looking for Costa Rica real estate. Make sure you take your time. This is a massive investment and the last thing you want to do is make a snap decision. The more research you do and the more people you talk to the better.